What are considered the top journals in Social/Personality psychology?
From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
(Difference between revisions)
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
◄ Back to [[
◄ Back to []
Revision as of 00:22, 2 May 2012
- There are two general categories of journals in which to publish:
- Journals that are designed for broad multidisciplinary appeal to all areas of psychology, and
- Journals that specifically target Social/Personality psychology.
- Keep in mind the there is substantial agreement about what the very top journals in the field are, but because judging journal prestige is highly subjective, there is very little agreement about which journals are in the "good", "fair" and "poor" ranges.
- FYI – All information below was initially integrated from the FORUM study on journal reputation in Social/Personality psychology (see above), Journal Citation Reports, and the Professional Development Meetings held at the USC Social Psychology Program.
- In terms of broad multidisciplinary journals, the top journals are:
- In terms of specifically Social/Personality journals, the top journals are:
- Advances in Experimental Social Psychology (AESP, from Elsevier)
- Journal of Personality and Social Psychology (JPSP, from APA)
- Personality and Social Psychology Review (PSPR, from SPSP)
- Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin (PSPB, from SPSP)
- Journal of Personality (JP from Blackwell)
- Journal of Research in Personality (JRP from Elsevier)
- Journal of Experimental Social Psychology (JESP, from SESP)
◄ Back to Journals