From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
My name is Ravi Iyer and I am a graduate student in the Social Psychology area at the University of Southern California. You can contact me using my full name with no spaces @usc.edu as an email address.
Who do I work with?
My advisor is Stephen Read and I also do work with the other professors in my area, Brian Lickel and Norman Miller. I am currently collaborating on projects with other graduate students in my department including Doug Stenstrom (Psychwiki & Vicarious Retribution), Tom Denson (Racism & Immigration), and Carlyn Carter (Gratitude Interventions).
What do I research?
- Moral Psychology - Following on the work of Jonathan Haidt and Jesse Graham at the University of Virginia, I am interested in the ways that various individual differences in morality affect beliefs about political issues.
- Gratitude Intervention - It has been established that gratitude leads to happiness, but how can we best use this information to improve happiness outside the lab. We are working on interventions that can hopefully have use for the general population.
- Psychwiki - Together with Doug Stenstrom, we are working on this wiki! We believe that greater use of technology can facilitate greater collaboration and integration within social psychology.
- Racism & Immigration - With Tom Denson, I am working on a study of racism against hispanics among anti-immigration activists with an eye towards informing ideas of intergroup threat.
- Vicarious Retribution - Along with Doug Stenstrom and Brian Lickel, I am studying cycles of retributive displaced violence in minimal groups.
Links to my research
- You are using Psychwiki.
- more to come....