From PsychWiki - A Collaborative Psychology Wiki
This wiki (and the mediawiki sofware) is designed to be easy to use and still have extensive functionality.
Below is a concise overview of how to use this wiki and the links at end provide more detailed information.
If not logged in
- Anyone can view the Article page even if not logged in
- The Article page contains the content of the website and ...
- Anyone can view the Discussion page even if not logged in
- There a Discussion page for each Article which contains comments and questions about each Article. The Discussion page....
If logged in
- You can edit the Article page
- Anyone can easily edit any article and have those changes posted immediately.
- You can edit the Discussion page
- Anyone can add comments or questions....
- The other tabs at top help you edit the content of the page
- Edit tab allows you to edit the particular Article or Discussion page. See [Help:Editing] for more information on how to edit pages and create new pages.
- History tab lets you see the old versions and history for that particular page including a record of the date and time of every edit, the user who made it, the edit summary, and the ability to compare different versions. See  for more information.
- Move tab allows you to rename a page and move all of its history to the new name. There are a few reasons why you might wish to rename a page such as the title being misspelled or the scope of the article has been reduced, extended, or otherwise changed. See  for more information.
- Watch tab allows you to track changes on the articles you declare an interest in. Watched articles are also bolded in the “Recent Changes” list.
- The tabs at the top of the webpage help you customize your experience
- "your login name" -
- my talk -
- preferences -
- my watchlist -
- my contributions -
Tabs - explanation of each one
Tabs along the top of the webpage (on blueish background)
- If not logged in
- talk for this ip -
- create an account or log in
- If logged in
- "your login name" - if logged in
- my talk - if logged in
- preferences - if logged in
- my watchlist - if logged in
- my contributions - if logged in
- log out - if logged in
Tabs along the top of the page (inside square boxes)
- Move - If logged in...
- Watch - If logged in...
Tabs along the left hand side
- Navigation Window
- Main page
- Recent changes
- Content Window
- The Business of Social Psychology
- Research Tools
- Social Psych Internet Research
- Psychology Researchers
- Social Psychology Topics
- Psychology Papers
- Add a Topic
- Search Window
- Search box
- Toolbox Window
- What links here
- Related changes
- Upload file
- Special pages
- Printable version
- Highlight terms
- shortcut link
- About PsychWiki
- Mediawiki logo
Links to more information
Links specifically about psychwiki:
Links about more detailed and general information:
- Documentation on customizing the webpage and the interface
- User's Guide for usage and configuration help